Fair and Responsible Lending
PrimeLending's Commitment to Fair and Responsible Lending
PrimeLending will comply with all fair-lending laws and regulations, and with reasonable assurance prevent discriminatory practices against any person on any
prohibited basis related to a credit transaction.The board of directors, senior management and all personnel are committed to the spirit, intent, and practices
of fair-lending laws and regulations.
We've built a comprehensive fair lending program that continues to evolve with market conditions and regulatory changes.
- We are committed to ensuring our lending and pricing policies are fair and responsible.
- We offer a variety of home loan programs so that homebuyers of all economic levels can find a program that fits their financial position.
- We are licensed to originate home loans in all 50 states.
- Our employees are active within their communities and understand the needs of the communities they serve.
- PrimeLending continues to establish business partner relationships within the communities it serves.
- We work with local community, state, and federal programs to assist consumers with homebuyer education as well as down-payment assistance.
- PrimeLending’s multicultural lending program provides and creates opportunities to build strong, resilient and healthy communities in which we all
can live and serve. PrimeLending understands and appreciates how diverse market segments introduce enormous opportunities for everyone and make a profound
and positive impact on these communities.
- PrimeLending is committed to providing quality and efficient service to our consumers at all times. We strive to resolve any consumer grievances fairly.
Please contact us at http://www.primelending.com/contact to voice any concerns you may have.
We support federal laws that help protect consumers.
The practice of “fair lending” is built through multiple federal and state laws working together to ensure consumers are treated consistently
and fairly. These laws also require us to provide information to consumers in a clear and conspicuous manner. The Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), for
example, is a disclosure law that requires mortgage lenders to provide the public with loan data. This data can help determine if lenders such as PrimeLending
are serving the housing needs of their communities and it can help identify possible discriminatory lending patterns.
Access the list of registered PrimeLending loan originators and learn how the SAFE Act helps consumers know more about their loan originator.
Another important consumer protection law is the SAFE Act. The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (SAFE Act) is a federal law designed to
improve protection for consumers and reduce fraud in mortgage lending. Under this law, individual mortgage loan originators (MLOs) must register in the Nationwide
Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS). You may visit www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org to confirm
any financial services company or professional you may wish to conduct business with to ensure they are authorized to conduct business in the state you are financing
a property within.